Guest :About UNIABUJALODGE Latest Topics .
Popular Topics  Advertise 
Site Statistics  Create New Topic 
Register Login

EPL: Man City’s Mahrez reveals what prevented him from joining Arsenal

UofA Lodge – uniabuja portal, news and general news, JAMB, POST-UTME, admissions Forums Sports EPL: Man City’s Mahrez reveals what prevented him from joining Arsenal

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Manchester City star, Riyad Mahrez, has revealed that Leicester City stopped him from joining Arsenal in 2016 during his time with the Foxes.

The Algerian captain was linked with a move to Arsenal in 2016 but remained at Leicester for another two seasons before joining Pep Guardiola’s side for £60million.

Speaking with France Football, Mahrez said: “After the title, if I’d left for a top team, it wouldn’t have been the same story.

“For me, it’s clear that I lost two years at the highest level. I lost two years! Because instead of arriving at City at 27, I could have been there at 24, 25.

“Leicester blocked me. They told me: ‘You’re not leaving, you’re not leaving’.

“My agent had spoken to [Arsene] Wenger who really wanted me. It was nearly all done with Arsenal in 2016. I was really frustrated.

“It wasn’t easy to go from being the best player in the Premier League to being a part of a team fighting against relegation.

“It’s not the same job. Everyone is waiting for you around the corner.”

Source:https://dailypost.ng/2019/11/11/epl-man-citys-mahrez-reveals-what-prevented-him-from-joining-arsenal/

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Additional Forum Statistics
Topics: 2,021, Replies: 2,122, Members: 8,350

Do you want to Promote yourself or Business? Contact Us and Learn More.

All rights reserved. © 2019 - 2021 Advertise with us . Privacy Policy .