Guest :About UNIABUJALODGE Latest Topics .
Popular Topics  Advertise 
Site Statistics  Create New Topic 
Register Login

Statement From The Office Of SUG On Rumoured Increase Of Fees In University Of Abuja

UofA Lodge – uniabuja portal, news and general news, JAMB, POST-UTME, admissions Forums General/campus news Statement From The Office Of SUG On Rumoured Increase Of Fees In University Of Abuja

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Tagged: 

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • OFFICE OF THE S.U.G. PRESIDENT, UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA

Friday, 3rd of January, 2020

Press release!!!!

I bring you solidarity greetings from the executive arm of the students’ Union government, I pray that this message meets us well.

Earlier today, I got the information about some circulating documents that contains some speculated amount for the school fee of the 2019- 2020 academic session and I also noticed the increment in those figures in comparison with the the amount as at of last session.

I then made my way immediately to the permanent site to find out what the problem was as I could remember that the VC promised us that there’s no increment in the school fee for returning students as at the last meeting that was held by the previous union officials and the school management.

Firstly I will like to let everyone know that we the student union government will do everything in our power to make sure the interest of the student be well protected and nothing will stop us from achieving that.

Also, I will love to state to us categorically that the paper circulated is not recognized by both the management and the student union government body so we urge all student to debunk the informations, and also it has not been uploaded on our portal so we should not believe anything not carrying the signature of the VC or any management team.

In the beginning, I had a meeting with Dr kari the Dean student Affairs if he had any information about school fees Increment, he said that earlier Last year a commitee was set by governing council which an external body chair the commitee, this commitee is to review the school fees payment of our dear university, he said the commitee made a report to the council as at August 2019 which the whole report was partially rejected by the entire governing council because they were u able to defend the figures presented so another commitee was set to review their report which the pro chancellor as the chairman of the commitee and they have not yet make any report till now so he said he was surprised where this come from so he said we should organize a meeting with the vice chancellor and the governing council chairman to discuss all rumor or anything related to the school fees.

Furthermore, i also had another meeting with the DCV academics in person of Prof Alawa clement, which he made it clear to me that there was no any information about school fees increased, he continued by saying that we know that even internally the management always have a problem within themselves so many people within will try to use any means to destabilize the system so we will make necessary means to solve the problems.

On this note I will love to tell everyone to stay calm as we are seriously working on it to make sure we protect the Interest of our student and also nobody should pay the school fees Incase it was uploaded which I’m very sure it will not be.

On this note, I urge all university of Abuja students to disregard any rumor as regarding increment in school fee. There is nothing of such from the management and we the union are not aware.

Lastly I want to use the medium to invite all the department and faculty presidents, class rep governor forum chairman, SRA MEMBERS that are still around should make themselves available on Monday by 10am at the senate building for a meeting with the vice chancellor and management board.

Yours in struggle;
      OLADOJA HABEEB OLAWALE
      ALUTA FAMOUS(GCUASF)
      SUG PRESIDENT

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Additional Forum Statistics
Topics: 2,005, Replies: 2,105, Members: 7,443

Do you Want to Promote yourself or Business?contact us and Learn More

Designed by Dami. All rights reserved. © 2019 Advertise with us . Privacy Policy .